From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo-project
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 01:45:13
1 > Ok, thats true. Based on what i have seen so far i was assuming
2 > certain aspects. That may have been wrong. Your right. So:
3 > How is the gentoo-project going to be organized in general?
4 > Specifically to ensure quality?
5 > and security?
6
7 Exactly what do you mean by "going to be organized in general"? You
8 seem to imply we are not organised and just a bunch of hacker-monkeys
9 banging away. I can assure you we are not. If you are interested in
10 the way the project itself is structured, see
11 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/metastructure
12
13 If you are interested in how we are handling the inevitable gaps in
14 communication that comes with an ever-growing project, look at:
15 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel
16
17 If you have any specific questions, please ask those instead of the
18 approach you're currently taking. The perception of your posts has been
19 as though you have been relentlessly *attacking* us, who provide *you*
20 with a way of doing this -- you, who chooses to use it of your own
21 volition. That is really not very constructive, and will lead to people
22 getting defencive. As you have seen, this thread degenerated. (My own
23 general rule of thumb is that if a thread goes longer than 5 messages
24 with a repeat/restate, it's not worth reading, but anyway).
25
26 I, and I am sure I speak for others, request that you take your
27 thoughts, and present them with details, and in a cohesive manner, and
28 then present them, instead of bomarding this list with restated vague
29 and general questions.
30
31 Sorry if I'm sounding harsh, but I'd rather see this thread concluding
32 on a productive note.
33
34 Thanks,
37 Seemant Kulleen
38 Developer and Project Co-ordinator,
39 Gentoo Linux http://dev.gentoo.org/~seemant
40
41 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3458780E
42 Key fingerprint = 23A9 7CB5 9BBB 4F8D 549B 6593 EDA2 65D8 3458 780E