From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2017 05:59:53
1 On Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 4:03 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > W dniu sob, 02.12.2017 o godzinie 19∶33 -0600, użytkownik R0b0t1
3 > napisał:
4 >> Hello,
5 >>
6 >> In every mailing list conversation, there are at least three people:
7 >> the two conversing, and the future reader. I point this out as I think
8 >> it important that everyone realize that not all posts are written for
9 >> those immediately participating in the conversation.
10 >>
11 >> Some time ago I was offered some equipment due to my history of
12 >> open-source contributions to a variety of projects. I asked the donor
13 >> to forward it (or money) to the Gentoo foundation, but they declined,
14 >> citing a general distaste for the management of software projects in
15 >> general and specific issues they believed existed within Gentoo.
16 >
17 > I'm not sure if this is relevant to the topic at hand. There are many
18 > issues within Gentoo. I'm trying to address one of them.
21 The point is that actions of [some of] the developers are affecting
22 the public perception of Gentoo to the point at least one person
23 hasn't wanted to donate.
24