From: Sean Mitchell <SMitchell@×××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Kernel Dependency Question
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 06:51:03
1 Wondering how the dependencies work for this situation....
2
3 If I install linux-sources-xxxxx and then build myself a kernel, it seems
4 that any package that requires linux-kernel-xxxxx goes ahead and installs
5 it.
6
7 It seems to me that the sources should (once compiled) give me eveything the
8 kernel package gives me. Is this the case or am I missing something? I
9 suppose I could change the deps in the ebuild but it would be better if
10 there was some sort of global override. I RTFM but didn't see anything that
11 explained this to me.
12
13 Sean
14
16 Sean Mitchell Software Engineer
17 smitchell@×××××××××××××××××××.com Phoenix Interactive Design Inc
18 tel. 519-679-2913 x237 4th Floor, 137 Dundas St
19 fax. 519 679 6773 London, ON, Canada N6A 1E9
20 ICQ# 104246806