From: John Davis <zhen@g.o>
To: Joseph Booker <joe@××××××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GRP set consolidation
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 00:48:14
1 On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 20:08, Joseph Booker wrote:
2 > John Davis said:
3 > > (btw, what does gentoopix
4 > > stand for?).
5 >
6 > john: look at knoppix.net
7 >
8 > is this sorta like a knoppix disc that can be generated from catalyste's
9 > conf files? if so, anyway of possibly sharing some work on the init
10 > scripts and stuff like persistant home dirs and things like klik ( a tool
11 > to install programs on knoppix while its booted)?
12
13 This is something that I have been mulling over but have not had the
14 chance to act upon, mostly because I have been coding catalyst to get it
15 to work correctly ;)
16
17 Our initscripts are very Gentoo-centric, so sharing those would probably
18 not be in our best interest (they work as is), but persistant homedirs
19 would be cool (as well as a slew of other things). So would boot
20 configurations that could be saved on a floppy or usb keychain. We can
21 use portage in place of klik. You get the idea - there are many exciting
22 opportunities here :)
23
24 First priority though is to get Catalyst the tool stabilizied. Then we
25 can move on to things that are more fun ;)
26
27 Cheers,
28 --
29 John Davis
30 Gentoo Linux Developer
31 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen>
32
33 ----
34 GnuPG Public Key: <http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen/zhen_pub.asc>
35 Fingerprint: 2364 71BD 4BC2 705D F338 FF70 6650 1235 1946 2D47