From: Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev@×××××××.net>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Changing order of default virtual/udev provider
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 02:04:44
1 On Mon, Feb 08, 2016 at 04:37:28AM -0800, Daniel Campbell wrote:
2
3 > Wow, that's actually pretty great news. That's enough 'momentum' to
4 > maybe maintain a smaller ecosystem free of any particular init-system
5 > preference! Thanks for sharing!
6
7 I wouldn't call that much "momentum" since it's about adoption, not
8 contributions.
9
10 Also, to get things right for this thread, I think it would be best to
11 compare contributions like bug reports and pull requests between udev
12 and evdev.
13
14 Since most major distributions are running udev at that time, I tend to
15 think that udev is still more viable and stable for the long term. So
16 goes as the default. I expect udev to have much more momentum than
17 eudev, for now at least.
20 Nicolas Sebrecht