From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] non-Gentoo stuff in our CVS
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 15:37:53
1 On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 08:27:15 -0700 Donnie Berkholz
2 <spyderous@g.o> wrote:
3 | Someone brought up the idea of arch yesterday. Maybe that's what I'll
4 | have to do, even though it sucks because it raises the barrier to get
5 | into X. It's tough enough to get recruits now. Making them learn two
6 | separate and very different VCS's will only make it worse.
7
8 If you want "easy to learn", svn and bitkeeper are both pretty similar
9 to cvs operation-wise... arch is insanely nasty and does so many things
10 differently. Plus it's full of hideous bugs :)
13 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, Fluxbox)
14 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
15 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm