From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How do we build the Portage metadata cache for rsync users?
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 06:33:25
1 On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 01:24, Jeff Smelser wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > On Friday 25 June 2004 12:53 am, Stuart Herbert wrote:
6 >
7 > > Subject says it all really. Where can I find the *exact* command line that
8 > > we run to create the contents of /var/cache/edb for users who get the
9 > > Portage tree via rsync?
10 >
11 > emerge metadata?
12 metadata only transfers the rsync'd cache to /var/cache/edb.
13
14 There also is emerge regen, for regenerating the local cache (run
15 through the tree, updating as needs be).
16 From there, I'd suspect they either rsync or cp the local cache to
17 wherever rsync looks for files (or they have /var/cache/edb symlinked,
18 which could be potentially a bad idea).
19 ~brian