From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] feature request
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 11:40:15
1 On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 10:14:38AM -0500, Ben Lutgens wrote:
2 > I'd like to request an addition to the initrd image on the install disk. Would
3 > you guys mind terribly adding in LVM Support into the kernel and adding the
4 > lvm tools into /sbin/ on the ramdisk? So far none of the distributions will do
5 > this.
6 >
7 > There are alot of people who would LOVE this feature (all the guys at sistina
8 > would love it) and I'd be willing to help in any way you'd need.
9
10 Our last CD had the lvm tools included on the boot filesystem, as well as LVM
11 support compiled-in. Pretty sure about this. But the boot process didn't auto-detect
12 logical volumes.
13
14 To answer your question: We want LVM totally integrated into Gentoo Linux, so we'll
15 add whatever support you'd like.
16
17 How's that? :)
20 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>