From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: ssuominen@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Possibility of overriding user defined INSTALL_MASK from an ebuild?
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2014 09:08:10
1 Dnia 2014-03-01, o godz. 07:28:35
2 Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o> napisał(a):
5 > On 01/03/14 04:55, Joshua Kinard wrote:
6 > > 3. Some profiles also override INSTALL_MASK, such as Gentoo/FreeBSD, because
7 > > systemd does not apply there.
8 >
9 > Wow. I don't think we should allow this without first having exactly
10 > what was suggested in this thread, a way of redefining the order
11 > away from INSTALL_MASK_ORDER="profile:ebuild:user", because
12 > if we allow INSTALL_MASK usage in profiles without having a setting
13 > for the order, it'll always be INSTALL_MASK_ORDER="profile:user",
14 > and it's very hard for user to get his setting respected even if he
15 > wanted to.
16
17 INSTALL_MASK is not stacked. That is, if user sets INSTALL_MASK,
18 profile setting gets erased.
21 Best regards,
22 Michał Górny