From: George Prowse <cokehabit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ACCEPT_LICENSE revisited
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 22:13:40
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Sat, 2006-11-18 at 13:25 -0800, Brian Harring wrote:
3 >>> License groups may be negated with the result that all elements of that group
4 >>> are also negated.
5 >> Left out that if it's unset, it should default to ACCEPT_LICENSE=* ,
6 >> meaning no license filtering.
7 >
8 > Except that it shouldn't. It should be set to @NON-INTERACTIVE, as the
9 > GLEP says, to match what we currently have with the combination of
10 > portage+eutils.eclass settings.
11 >
12 > Certain packages will *always* require interactive acceptance of the
13 > license, as they currently do.
16 I agree with Brian on this. No setup should mean no rules.
17
18 If people decide not to use the function it is not Gentoo's decision to
19 still filter their packages.
20
21 George
22 --