From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Detecting Baselayout2/OpenRC from init.d scripts (summary of debate and plans from bug 270646)
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 18:35:07
1 Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > Hi folks,
3 >
4 > This is a summary of how to detect Baselayout-2/OpenRC from within
5 > init.d scripts. We raised it in January, without any actual final
6 > agreement:
7 > http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_5959bcfaf3ba566c551823039643f5c5.xml
10 How about we don't do runtime detection at all? Let's just use unifdef
11 in the init scripts with an openrc use flag. When openrc goes stable we
12 can just drop the conditional code and always pull in openrc. Maybe
13 makes sense to eclass this stuff so that the code only needs to be
14 switched in one place. We can also put some QA checks there.
15
16 Regards,
17 Petteri