From: Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Xorg 1.6/libxcb 1.4 stabilization news item
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 13:35:09
1 Rémi Cardona wrote:
2 > May I request a faster commit time since I didn't expect Samuli to
3 > stabilize everything so quickly?
6 Yup - I wouldn't be surprised if within a few hours 80% of the concerned
7 users will have already installed it. Even if you send out the news now
8 anybody who synced overnight wouldn't get it in time anyway.
9
10 Might not hurt to log a blocker bug just to track the news item the next
11 time you consider a major upgrade like this. Then you don't actually
12 stabilize anything until AFTER the news goes out. :)