From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] virtuals
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 17:57:45
1 On Sun, May 16, 2004 at 10:05:01AM -0700, George Shapovalov wrote:
2 > Hi guys.
3 >
4 > So, I wanted to go ahead about adding virtual/blas, but apparently virtuals
5 > have changed quite a bit since I had to do this last time..
6 >
7 > I remember the discussion about virtuals going hierarchial and I can see it in
8 > place (with base/virtuals having bunch of definitions and the bunch of arch
9 > specific stuff very little), but I can also see some of the profiles (releng
10 > related?) having what looks like a fuul list as well. Oh, and this page
11 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/policy.xml
12 > is apparently outdated on this issue...
13
14 Cascading profiles are not currently in use.
17 Jon Portnoy
18 avenj/irc.freenode.net
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list