From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: Matt Thrailkill <xwred1@×××××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] --usepkg in emerge
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 21:45:05
1 On Thu, 2003-07-31 at 16:50, Matt Thrailkill wrote:
2 > I want to do this over a normal net connection between remote computers though, I don't think its a good idea to have an open nfs mount for the whole internet to use, is it?
3
4 Yeah, that is always double-plus ungood. ;p
5
6 You definitely do not want to do that without tunneling it via ssh or a
7 VPN. It appears that this functionality is in testing in the latest
8 portage betas, so hopefully it will be ironed out soon enough.
11 Chris Gianelloni
12 Developer, Gentoo Linux
16 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list