From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuilds creating mountpoints
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 22:49:16
1 Stefaan wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > I'm having an issue with the openafs-ebuild, and I don't see a
5 > solution for the moment. I wondered if someone on the list would:
6 >
7 > Prerequisite:
8 > The ebuild needs to create the /afs directory, and remove that same
9 > directory when it is uninstalled.
10 >
11 > The obvious solution seems to do "keepdir", so portage would attempt
12 > to make the directory and put a .keep file in there. I say attempt,
13 > because the following problem will occur during an re-merge or
14 > upgrade, while the mountpoint is in use:
15
16 Strange that I haven't seen any problems with pmount which does keepdir
17 for /media.
18
19 Regards,
20 Petteri