From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Test request: linux-mod support for arches with 64-bit kernel/32-bit userland
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 13:03:53
1 On Tue, 2006-07-04 at 03:08 -0700, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > It would be nice to have this in 2006.1 (I suspect catalyst/genkernel
3 > could probably benefit greatly from it).
4
5 We've already made the snapshot. Also, catalyst uses genkernel for all
6 of the external modules builds, and we've already got things in place in
7 genkernel to do this, though it is a manual process on the part of the
8 Release Engineer.
9
10 This will definitely help us around 2007.0, though. It will require
11 *much* more testing from us, though, as our current methods are very
12 well tested and I'm not comfortable squeezing in a change such as this
13 at the last minute with minimal testing, as it will definitely impact
14 our release schedule.
17 Chris Gianelloni
18 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
19 x86 Architecture Team