From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: hasufell@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: git-r3, additional clone types
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 07:57:16
1 Dnia 2014-02-24, o godz. 22:40:34
2 hasufell <hasufell@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > > Mode upgrades and downgrades ----------------------------
5 > >
6 > > Mode is not associated persistently with a repository. Therefore,
7 > > using a repository in a different mode than it was used before
8 > > (e.g. due to different ebuild or user preference change) results in
9 > > mixed-mode repository.
10 > > [...]
11 >
12 > I am not sure if I understand this correctly, but it sounds like it
13 > would be safer to rm -rf the old checkout completely when switching
14 > modes? I wouldn't expect people to randomly switch around, so why bother.
15
16 I think a semi-random switching may occur when two different ebuilds
17 use the same repository and have different 'minimal' modes set. For
18 example, ebuild A uses 'git log' magically, while the other is
19 completely fine with shallow clone.
20
21 Otherwise, we'd require users to ensure sync of modes between different
22 ebuilds using the same repo.
25 Best regards,
26 Michał Górny