From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Upcoming Council meeting on July 26th, 1900 UTC
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 17:44:08
Petteri Räty wrote:
> On 07/18/2010 05:21 PM, Christian Faulhammer wrote: > >> Hi, >> >> Theo Chatzimichos<tampakrap@g.o>: >> >> >>> On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 9:06 AM, Christian Faulhammer >>> <fauli@g.o> wrote: >>> >>>> What about getting rid of -project? >>>> >>>> V-Li >>>> >>> WHAT? Why?? >>> >> Because it is useless in my eyes. All discussion could also take >> place here and most people mix it up anyway. The distinction is too >> blurry. >> >> V-Li >> >> > The "tone in gentoo" etc threads recently belonged to gentoo-project. > Those threads are usually the ones that grow the longest. If people want > those on gentoo-dev then gentoo-project is not needed. Granted most of > the time the list is not that active but so are many other mailing lists > we have. I don't think this is something we should have on the council > agenda without the issues having had it's own thread (on gentoo-project > according to current rules). > > Regards, > Petteri > >
It always seemed to me that people want to send threads to -project for them to just go away. Once a thread goes to -project, it just whithers on the vine and nothing much happens. There may be a need for -project but if almost no one is going to be there, there is no point sending threads to it. Maybe developers should be required to subscribe to -project so that even if a thread is sent there, they still get to see the postings and deal with the issues that are being raised. Dale :-) :-)

Subject Author
[gentoo-dev] Re: Upcoming Council meeting on July 26th, 1900 UTC Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>