From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o>
To: William Breathitt Gray <vilhelm.gray@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, games@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Looking for a co-maintainer: games-fps/gzdoom
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2020 20:29:24
1 Hey William,
2
3 On Sun, 7 Jun 2020 15:13:13 -0400
4 William Breathitt Gray <vilhelm.gray@×××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > I am looking for a co-maintainer for the games-fps/gzdoom package.
7 > GZDoom version 4.4.0 was just released and GZDoom has been refactored to
8 > move its audio code to a new external library called ZMusic:
9 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/727448
10 >
11 > A games-fps/gzdoom-4.4.0 version bump will require the introduction of a
12 > new zmusic ebuild. Since GZDoom is one of the larger DOOM source ports,
13 > I figure it'll be good to have more than one person looking after these
14 > packages.
15 >
16 > If anyone is interested in helping out, please let me know.
17
18 I'm happy for this to just go under the games umbrella. You're aware
19 that we're stretched pretty thin so I can understand why you're asking
20 for extra help but I'll gladly give this one extra attention, at least
21 in the short term. I've been using it on an almost daily basis
22 recently! My new map only really works with GZDoom. 3D floors are
23 awesome. ;)
24
25 Cheers,
26 --