From: Chad Huneycutt <chad.huneycutt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] nvi overwrites vim-libs
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 07:53:18
1 Peter Kadau wrote:
2
3 >did a test-install of nvi (not that i really need it)
4 >and it overwrote the vim-libs (not the binary)
5 >it became only clear to me as i tried ":syntax on", which didn't work anymore.
6 >
7 yep. I have that to fix on my wiki. I should have masked it; not sure
8 why I didn't. Probably b/c of what you mention below; the ebuild is not
9 broken, per se, but conflicts with another.
13 >maybe the ebuild should be changed or - better even, concerning portages
14 >infrastructure - introduce a portage variable "CONFLICTS".
15 >but as i understand it, this means substantial change in
16 >portage.doebuild and depgraph (from emerge)...
17 >... so the first solution would be easier.
18 >
19 All that we need is a DEPEND="!foo", which may already exist. I haven't
20 tried it, and I did not get a straight answer from #gentoo.
21
22 Chad