From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Looking for people willing to take care of Cinnamon
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2016 02:45:46
1 On Wed, 2016-08-24 at 11:43 +0200, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
2 > On 08/24/2016 11:26 AM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
3 > > Hello
4 > >
5 > > Most Gnome team member are not willing to keep maintaining cinnamon
6 > > ebuilds (specially since most of us are not even using it and,
7 > > also, we
8 > > already have enough load with Gnome ebuilds alone).
9 > >
10 > > We were wondering if maybe some other people would be willing to
11 > > maintain them under a new Cinnamon Project or similar, in that
12 > > case,
13 > > feel free to create the project and take it
14 > >
15 > > Thanks a lot
19 > I'm using it so would certainly be willing to join a project to help
20 > out
21 > with it. At the same time I'm not sufficiently familiar with
22 > gnome-packages etc that I'd want to do it on my own.
23
24 I believe this is the list of packages we want to give away:
25
26 gnome-extra/cinnamon
27 gnome-extra/cinnamon-control-center
28 gnome-extra/cinnamon-desktop
29 gnome-extra/cinnamon-menus
30 gnome-extra/cinnamon-screensaver
31 gnome-extra/cinnamon-session
32 gnome-extra/cinnamon-settings-daemon
33 gnome-extra/cinnamon-translations
34 gnome-extra/cjs
35 gnome-extra/nemo
36 x11-wm/muffin
37
38 but there might be more that don't contain "cinnamon" in the name or
39 don't have linuxmint as remote-id.
40
41 We keep maintaining all the GNOME packages cinnamon relies on.
42
43 So please just form a project and take em. Hopefully others can help
44 too; in GNOME team tetromino has been most involved with them.
45 I think it would be fine with us if the project is on paper a
46 subproject of GNOME if you want that instead of a top-level project, we
47 just don't want to be responsible to it and have us feel guilty with
48 bugs of it shown up in our GNOME saved searches, or give an impression
49 we are overstaffed which I guess a subproject kinda might do.
50 Or a subproject of Desktop, which I see was already deleted with my
51 objections for now, so nvm...
54 Mart