From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: On the good usage of subslots
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2013 14:06:13
1 On 10/02/2013 00:47, Samuli Suominen wrote:
2 > On 09/02/13 14:15, Alexis Ballier wrote:
3 >> Dear fellow developers,
4 >
5 > I didn't find anything to reply directly here, so sorry for stealing
6 > this message.
7 >
8 > I just wanted to point out that people have lately been adding deps like:
9 >
10 > media-libs/libpng:=
11 > dev-libs/openssl:=
12 >
13 > That is wrong as it completely ignores the SLOTting of these packages.
14 > They need to be:
15 >
16 > media-libs/libpng:0=
17 > dev-libs/openssl:0=
18 >
19 > As in, before you add any subslotting to any library, you need to check
20 > for it's binary-only SLOTs!
21 >
22 > Thanks,
23 > Samuli
28 Is there a difference in behaviour between 'media-libs/libpng:=' and
29 'media-libs/libpng' with no slot information at all?