From: James Arthur <j_a_arthur@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Can I install from floppy?
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 06:23:02
1 Hi
2
3 I have a P120 laptop (815MB HDD, 24MB RAM). I want to
4 try installing Gentoo on it, but it has no CD-ROM
5 drive. Is there any way of installing via floppy? OK,
6 16.5MB is quite a few floppy discs, but it's just as
7 many as Debian 2.2, which I've done before.
8
9 I do have a network card, which is a
10 NE2000-compatible. The only problem is that the PCMCIA
11 modules need to work first - is this done in the
12 install process? If so, I may be able to leech off my
13 main box.
14
15 I'm also thinking about getting a parallel-IDE
16 adapter, but the same issues about needing the correct
17 modules are there.
18
19 Perhaps you can give me a little advice on this issue.
20
21 BTW, do you have an estimate on when Gentoo 1.0 will
22 be out? If it's only a few weeks I might wait until
23 the major release.
24
25 Thanks.
26
27 --jaa
28
30 Do You Yahoo!?
31 Everything you'll ever need on one web page
32 from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts
33 http://uk.my.yahoo.com