From: Jauhien Piatlicki <jauhien@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A few mgorny/ projects for upstream-grabs
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 20:16:09
1 Hi,
2
3 I will try to work a little bit on flaggie (I also have not very much
4 free time, though), I guess you'll continue to accept pull requests for it?
5
6 On 06/15/2015 07:54 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
7 > Hi, everyone.
8 >
9 > My time for Gentoo is quite limited right now (you gotta start working
10 > for money at some point :)), and the little time I have I'm trying to
11 > use for the Gentoo work I consider most important. This sadly means
12 > that many of my past tools are earning their share of bitrot and would
13 > really use a new contributors, or possibly even full-time upstream
14 > maintainers :).
15 >
16 > Here's a long list of projects along with short description, their state
17 > and planned TODO items that I won't have time to implement anytime soon.
20 > app-portage/flaggie
21 >
22 > The package.use (& make.conf) flag management tool. Pretty high
23 > priority.
24 >
25 > status: rather working, has a few bugs, certainly would use some new
26 > Portage features
27 >
28 > TODO:
29 > - remove make.conf editing support (it's very complex and broken --
30 > can eat random '$' from the file in some cases),
31 > - therefore: edit global flags via '*/*' entries in package.use,
32 > - support writing 'FOO_BAR:' format for USE_EXPAND in package.use,
33 > - support parsing 'FOO_BAR:' format for USE_EXPAND on command-line
34 > (i.e. 'flaggie libfoo VIDEO_CARDS: +radeon -nvidia'),
35 > - remove implicit '*' expansion in package names and flag names --
36 > package.use can handle '*', so leave it as is and just expand it
37 > when checking if the flags are supported,
38 > - possibly clean up package.use writer (or rewrite it since I'm
39 > no longer able to figure out how it works exactly :)).