From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] FYI: multilib-strict no longer in FEATURES of targets/developer/make.defaults (pending on bug 424423)
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 00:04:48
1 On 13/08/2012 11:29, Alexandre Rostovtsev wrote:
2 > "/usr/lib/<pkgname>/ is a directory like /usr/libexec/ or even /bin. It
3 > shares absolutely zero things with the arch-specific $libdir ,or lib64/.
4
5 Yes I know that FHS allows it. I still think it would be cleaner to use
6 /usr/libexec.
7
8 It's the usual difference between trying to be right and being pragmatic
9 about it.
10
11 You (and Kay) want to be right ignoring the fact that $tons of software
12 expects /usr/lib to just be another $libdir.
13
14 I'd rather be pragmatic and choose /usr/libexec which _clearly_ isn't.
17 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
18 flameeyes@×××××××××.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/