From: Tony Clark <tclark@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] maybe it is time to put portage queries into a database.
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 03:02:33
1 On Wednesday 25 June 2003 00.52, Julien Herfurth wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2003-06-25 at 00:16, jesse wrote:
3 > > I would say options, tools and the ability to do this sorta stuff should
4 > > be optional. I don't wan't to have to run mysql on my laptop however
5 > > having portage db in a dbfile would be handy. On the other hand i run 8
6 > > machines in my house on Gentoo, and having each machines info and db's
7 > > in my mysql server here would be a great boon ( already using local
8 > > syncing and nfs mounted dist dirs)
9 > >
10 > > using DBI this could make it pretty easy to support
11 > > mysql/postrgesql/dbfiles. Isn't there already a project out there doin
12 > > somthing with mysql ?
13 >
14 > see also sqlite
15
16 Looks good, but I see that as being handled by the client-db-interface layer
17 sometime in the future.
18
19 tony
20 --