From: Thomas Kahle <tomka@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Defining S= from ebuild phase, src_unpack() ?
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 15:15:49
1 On 17:02 Mon 03 Jan , Alex Alexander wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jan 03, 2011 at 04:40:57PM +0200, Samuli Suominen wrote:
3 > > Quoting PMS, Chapter 8:
4 > >
5 > > This is very inconvinent rule for example, github tarballs where the
6 > > directory changes with every release. I've used this:
7 > >
8 > > src_unpack() {
9 > > unpack ${A}
10 > > cd *-${PN}-*
11 > > S=`pwd`
12 > > }
13 > >
14 > I've used that method to work around some github-tarballed packages
15 > as well, seems to work pretty well.
16
17 github ebuilds will continue to be a topic, would you consider a
18 github.eclass useful at some point?
19
20 Cheers,
21 Thomas