From: Dylan Carlson <absinthe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Bug voting
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 17:55:01
1 On Thursday 29 July 2004 11:14 am, Duncan wrote:
2
3 > Anyway, Gentoo does great documentation, and with the bug entry wizard,
4 > the bugzilla interface is at least semi-usable, but Gentoo bugzilla is
5 > still by far the worst aspect of Gentoo Linux I've yet come across. It
6 > NEEDS some good documentation, as that's the ONLY way one can make heads
7 > or tails of it. Unfortunate, because that's NOT supposed to be the way
8 > GUI interfaces work.
9
10 Well, the query screen is powerful, and as a consequence, it's ugly.
11 Everything is there for a reason. If you're a developer, the query tool
12 is what it needs to be. The same is also true for the full bug screen.
13
14 There are some cosmetic hacks that can be done (and have been done by other
15 projects using Bugzilla). The bug screens in our verson of Bugzilla can
16 be simplified; both Gnome and KDE have a simplified interface for users,
17 and the full interface for developers.
18
19 If there's not already a bug in our system asking for this, please open
20 one.
21
22 Cheers,
23 Dylan Carlson [absinthe@g.o]