From: Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Developers, please start switching to 17.1 amd64 profiles
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 22:43:21
1 On Tuesday, May 22, 2018 12:36:17 PM EDT Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Hi, everyone.
3 >
4 > With some delay, I would like to officially announce that the Council
5 > has approved the direction in which 17.1 amd64 profiles are heading at
6 > its 2018-04-08 meeting [1]. At the same time, the Gentoo developers are
7 > asked to start migrating their development systems and actively testing
8 > their packages against the new profiles.
9 >
10 > For more details on the profiles, please see the original news item [2].
11 > Please also make sure to look at the tracker [3].
12 >
13 > There is no clear cutoff date defined yet (not even a rough one). I'd
14 > like to switch our stages to the new profiles soonish; however, that
15 > mostly depend on progress being made on the tracker and developers
16 > actually switching their systems. I think we're discuss this further
17 > once there is a clear indication that the majority of active developers
18 > have migrated.
19 >
20 > [1]:https://projects.gentoo.org/council/meeting-logs/20180408-summary.txt
21 > [2]:https://www.gentoo.org/support/news-items/2017-12-26-experimental-amd64-> 17-1-profiles.html [3]:https://bugs.gentoo.org/506276
22
23 Michał, transition from 17.0->17.1 went smoothly for me on a full plasma
24 desktop. Thanks!