From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Preparing profiles for EAPI 3 IUSE strictness
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 13:52:28
1 On Tue, 07 Jul 2009 02:08:01 -0400
2 Andrew D Kirch <trelane@×××××××.net> wrote:
3 > I've talked with the pkgcore people and they don't use the EAPI's (or
4 > PMS) in the first place.
5
6 If that were true, which it isn't, then by Council decision pkgcore
7 should have been package.masked.
8
9 > This essentially leaves you writing documents you're requiring for
10 > paludis support.
11
12 No, it leaves me writing documents used by Portage, Pkgcore, Paludis
13 and at least two more independent under-development third party package
14 management libraries.
15
16 > As this seems to be mostly a PM issue, it should be taken elsewhere.
17
18 This thread is necessary for Portage support for EAPI 3, which is being
19 worked on. It also has considerable developer impact, since depending
20 upon the decisions made, certain existing conventions may no longer
21 apply to EAPI 3 things.
22
23 Given that your stated intention is for "Paludis to fail", and that
24 "opposing [me] and everything [I] do was an initiative [you] started
25 only after careful consideration", I'll kindly ask you to stop randomly
26 jumping out and flinging turds, since it adds nothing to the discussion
27 at hand and only serves to make it harder for Gentoo to function as a
28 community.
31 Ciaran McCreesh