From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Allow SLOT documentation in metadata.xml
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 18:21:59
1 On Mon, 12 Oct 2015 19:19:32 +0200
2 Julian Ospald <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > The following patch tries to address the lack of slot
5 > documentation, since getting the slots of a dependency
6 > right seems like a common problem.
7 >
8 > Things that I was particularly not sure about: the 'subslots'
9 > element. Having a sub-element for 'slot' seemed even more
10 > messy, so I tried to make this as simple as possible, so
11 > that maintainers don't get angry and give up when trying
12 > to document their slots. However, this is a little bit
13 > at the expense of correctness, because you cannot
14 > document different subslot naming schemes if they differ
15 > between slots of a single package (does such thing even exist
16 > in the tree?).
20 btw, once this is committed, please consider adding or asking for a
21 repoman warning when subslot is defined but metadata.xml is not filled