From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: riscv@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Announcing RISC-V
Date: Fri, 03 May 2019 21:35:00
Hi all,

after some preparations, we're happy to announce (initially experimental)
support for a new arch: riscv

* The project page is at https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:RISC-V
  Feel free to join if you want to help and/or even have hardware.
  We also have a dedicated IRC channel, #gentoo-riscv

* The keyword is "~riscv"; no stable keyword will be used in the beginning.

* We will initially add two profiles to profile.desc:
  default/linux/riscv/17.0/rv64gc/lp64d (non-multilib, 64bit hardfloat)
  default/linux/riscv/17.0/rv64gc (multilib lp64d/lp64, i.e. hard/softfloat)

* Stage builds have been tested with an overlay and work fine.
  I'll publish initial stage3 images soon and will work with releng to get
  autobuilds running.

* Once this all is done I'll draft an announcement for the main web page.

Cheers,
Andreas

--
Andreas K. Hüttel