From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Fixing eclass code relying on ${IUSE} greps?
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 20:06:04
Il giorno mer, 14/09/2011 alle 22.03 +0200, Michał Górny ha scritto:
> > The main resolution as I see it, is to simply drop IUSE=static-libs > from a lot of ebuilds where static libs aren't actually required by > anything or anyone.
I would point at an old post of mine: just to give an idea of where you can safely drop static-libs altogether. Or to the most recent one on the topic: that ignores one obvious case (the one where you have NO headers in either the package or linked packages — the latter is the case for most X11 libs nowadays). And make sure you check against the version of the package you're adding static-libs to, before saying that it does install headers (or the other way around). -- Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes