From: Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: solar@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: A Little Council Reform Anyone?
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 20:29:46
1 Hi,
2
3 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>:
4
5 > On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 22:14:25 +0200
6 > Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o> wrote:
7 > > > Another one of the things I'd like to see and help reform with the
8 > > > council. First off it spends way too much time on EAPI/PMS. There
9 > > > is no reason to make the council an extension of the portage team.
10 > >
11 > > As member of the PMS team I agree, we have to reach out to more
12 > > people. No matter how well Ciaran does the job as editor-in-chief
13 > > the process needs to be broadened to involve other groups, too.
14 >
15 > Which groups who would like to be able to contribute currently feel
16 > that they can't, why do they feel that and why haven't they said so?
17
18 For example people from the other package managers apart from
19 Paludis. What we need is a more straight forward way for new
20 features...yes, some measures are already being worked out, but there is
21 still work to do.
22
23 > Really, the only big issues we've had with EAPI work are getting
24 > Portage support and working around a Council that wants to both
25 > micro-manage every last detail of every last feature and only put in
26 > an hour of work every two weeks.
27
28 Discussion of EAPI features took place on the -dev mailing list
29 involving council members, so one hour every two weeks is quite
30 exaggerated.
31
32 V-Li
35 Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project
36 <URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode
37
38 <URL:http://gentoo.faulhammer.org/>