From: Peter Weller <welp@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Nominations open for the Gentoo Council 2008/2009
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 20:56:43
1 Count me in. I don't really know whether or not to write a manifesto as
2 such... I mean, it's obviously good to know what the person who you're
3 voting for wants to do, but... All the nominees are just going to write
4 about the latest and greatest issues (see my old manifesto). But I'm
5 generally about openness and keeping everything open, plain and simple.
6 I don't want rules which can easily be manipliated by a select few so
7 they can achieve their own ends. I want rules which can be taken at face
8 value, and I guess that's what I'd do to "fix" GLEP <whatever>.
9
10 I can't remember what else I was "supposed" to write about, and I don't
11 really want to open up NeddySeagoon's email to do so, since it probably
12 won't make much of a difference...
13
14 These things seem to be a case of "I like the way you think, I want you
15 in, I'll vote for you". If you like the way I think, you'll probably
16 know it already, and you won't need some manifesto to confirm it. So.
17 I'll leave this email at this, and let you make up your own minds.
18
19 If any of you election officials want to make this my "manifesto", feel
20 free to do so.
21
22 welp
23