From: Markus Ullmann <jokey@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Bug wrangling
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 13:49:55
1 Denis Dupeyron schrieb:
2 > That he comes back or not is of no importance to bug wrangling. Or at
3 > least it should be. It is a mistake to solely rely on a developer for
4 > such a task. Developers come and go without warning, he just proved
5 > it, so ideally we need a team of 2 or 3 to handle bug wrangling. Also,
6 > one single developer handling this puts him/her in such a prominent
7 > position that it is bad for him/her, our users, other developers and
8 > the entire project. We had too many examples of this.
9
10 Fully with you, yet the other people who do bug wrangling occasionally
11 didn't do it as good as him mainly because he followed all major
12 mailinglists and knew the common issues around. I have nowhere an idea
13 how much time he put into his bugwrangling but I bet that reaches at
14 least 5-6 hours a day. Replacing that is simply hard work and nothing
15 else and I'd love to see people stepping up to help with that task.
16
17 -Jokey
20 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list