From: "Sean P. Kane" <spkane@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Emerge -e world (1.4 upgrade question)
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 11:25:48
1 I have pretty successfully completed an upgrade to Gentoo 1.4 from 1.1a,
2 but have run into one small problem. The update-step4.sh script doesn't
3 work properly for me, so I was going to simply to an "emerge -e world".
4 However, although I have over 2GB free, this isn't nearly enough to do
5 the whole job as /var/tmp/portage and /usr/portage/distfiles quickly
6 fill up, and once emerge fails, I am hosed, since I have to basically
7 start over again.
8
9 Is there any way to force emerge to clean the distfile and tmp portage
10 directories after each individual build instead of just when emerge
11 exits completely?
12
13 Thanks,
14 Sean