From: Travis Tilley <lv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] f77 is now just plain old fortran in preparation for gcc4
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 00:45:33
1 the fortran-enabling logic in the gcc ebuilds + toolchain.eclass will
2 now be controlled by the fortran USE flag instead of f77. This is some
3 very ahead-of-time preparation for gcc 4.0, which doesnt support f77 as
4 a gcc lang, but instead supports f95 (and may soon change the gcc lang
5 option to plain old fortran as well). I've updated all profiles to also
6 set fortran in USE by default, but some non-gcc ebuilds still use f77 to
7 enable support, so I havent removed f77 from these profiles.
8
9 This may or may not have been important enough to merit an announcement
10 on gentoo-dev, but I've learned my lesson about making invasive changes
11 without an announcement of some sort. ;p
14 by the way, if anyone's masochistic enough to play with gcc4, I have an
15 ebuild in my devspace you could use:
16 http://dev.gentoo.org/~lv/gcc-4.0.0_alpha20041024.ebuild
17
18 I havent yet updated it with the needed dependencies for enabling
19 fortran95, or any other such nonsense... it was made just to test which
20 ebuilds no longer compile with the yet-again-stricter gcc 4.0. have fun
21 breaking your systems ;p
24 Travis Tilley
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list