From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFD: EAPI specification in ebuilds
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 16:29:27
1 On 03/12/2012 09:12 AM, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 09:05:26 -0700
3 > Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
4 >> It's just a symptom of people not abiding by the KISS principle.
5 >
6 > "Abiding by the KISS principle" is what got us into this mess in the
7 > first place. EAPI as a metadata variable is too simple to allow us to
8 > do what we want to do.
9
10 If our goal is to obtain the EAPI before the ebuild is sourced, then
11 GLEP 55 is more in alignment with the KISS principle. The "EAPI as
12 metadata variable" approach simply wasn't designed with our current goal
13 in mind.
14 --
15 Thanks,
16 Zac