From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 42 news item for review: Radiant upgrade
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 19:51:51
1 On Sun, 6 May 2007 15:37:05 -0400
2 Dan Meltzer <hydrogen@×××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > > And, if that happens (which it won't), we'll have more experience
4 > > and we can evaluate future news items based upon that. A more
5 > > realistic view for your typical user is less than a news item per
6 > > week.
7 >
8 > And what are you basing this on?
9
10 Knowledge of the tree, and several years experience using it and
11 observing how often things change that would require news items. This
12 was part of the original GLEP 42 design.
13
14 > > > > Paludis users do not consider that news item trivial.
15 > > >
16 > > > If I was a paludis user I would considder this trivial. The same
17 > > > information is availible a) from the package itself. b) from the
18 > > > changelog, and c) it still works without the change!
19 > >
20 > > But you aren't, and those who are disagree.
21 >
22 > I've yet to here from the "those who are" otherwise yet.
23
24 Then you haven't actually bothered to read the threads, nor listen for
25 feedback anywhere else where Paludis users talk to Paludis developers.
28 Ciaran McCreesh