From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New category lxqt-base
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 06:06:17
1 On 12 May 2014 03:28, Jauhien Piatlicki <jauhien@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > LXQt 0.7.0 has been released [1].
5 >
6 > As it is project different from LXDE
7
8 That is debatable. LXQt is released by the merged LXDE and Razor-Qt
9 upstreams. One could say there are simply two expressions of LXDE now:
10 one in GTK+ and one in Qt.
11
12 > and will be supported in parallel
13 > with it, it seems like a good idea add a new category lxqt-base.
14
15 Personally I don't see a need for this. All the Qt-specific packages
16 are named accordingly, and should not confuse anyone installing
17 anything from the lxde-base category. I would like to see that latter
18 category re-used for this.
19
20 But I know the maintainers of LXDE herd do not support this view, and
21 since at this point I don't have the time to maintain LXQt, I will
22 leave the decision up to you guys.
23
24 > compton-conf
25 > libqtxdg
26 > qt-gtk-engine
27 > libfm
28 > libsysstat
29 > obconf-qt
30 > pcmanfm-qt
31
32 I think these packages could be placed in the relevant x11-*
33 categories, as they are perfectly usable in other environments as
34 well, tho for ease of maintenance you could stick them with the LXQt
35 packages.
38 Cheers,
39
40 Ben | yngwin