From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: splite-gentoo@××××××××××××××××.edu
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EID database and entries getting to baselayout
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 19:25:28
1 ...or you could simply replace the default eid.passwd file with one in
2 your /etc/portage directory to reflect your company's "proper" UID/GID
3 usage. It makes much more sense to have portage conform to your system
4 in this way than to take the time/energy to create yet another almost
5 unused feature. I don't mean to say this to insult at all. I just
6 think the better method for anything of this type is to have a default
7 that portage uses, which works for the masses, but can be overridden by
8 files in /etc/portage (such as package.mask, package.unmask). It makes
9 for a cleaner approach IMHO.
10