From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] What are blocks used for?
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 19:52:15
1 * Bernd Steinhauser <gentoo@×××××××××××××××××.de> schrieb:
2
3 Hi,
4
5 > e) A package needs a newer version of another package, but doesn't depend
6 > on it.
7 >
8 > This was the case with KDE4. kdelibs-4.0.x block these packages:
9 > !<kde-base/kdebase-3.5.7-r6
10 > !<kde-base/kdebase-startkde-3.5.7-r1
11 > !=kde-base/kdebase-3.5.8
12 > !=kde-base/kdebase-3.5.8-r1
13 > !=kde-base/kdebase-3.5.8-r2
14 > !=kde-base/kdebase-startkde-3.5.8
15
16 I don't know very much about KDE stuff, since I got rid of it for
17 a long time, but IMHO it seems there's an principle problem on
18 the install layout - 3.x and 4.x should be completely separate,
19 never conflicting each other. So some package kfoo either depends
20 on kdelibfoo-3.x OR kdelibfoo-4.x.
21
22 Of course I don't know whether the problems comes from ebuilds
23 or upstream ;-o
24
25 cu
26 --
28 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
30 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
31 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
32 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
33 http://patches.metux.de/
35 --
36 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list