From: Drake Wyrm <wyrm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] where to put *.pm files
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 21:32:05
1 Rene Zbinden <rene.zbinden@××××××.ch> wrote:
2 > I am writing a new ebuild. The program contains a perlscript
3 > (mainprog.pl) which needs two perl modules like (module1.pm
4 > module2.pm)
5 >
6 > I will put mainprog.pl in /usr/bin but where do I put the two modules.
7 > Shall I put them in /usr/share/programename and put that to the perl
8 > path?
9
10 Is this a package that is currently on CPAN? If so, I have a relatively
11 useful skeleton for writing CPAN ebuilds. I was able to install several
12 CPAN packages this way. In the ebuild, you'll need to edit or delete any
13 line marked with "XXX", but that will likely be all you need to get it
14 to work. Let me know if anything needs more explanation.
15
16 <http://www.haell.com/~wyrm/works/comp/env/prgmmg/perl/skel_cpan.tbz2>
19 Batou: Hey, Major... You ever hear of "human rights"?
20 Kusanagi: I understand the concept, but I've never seen it in action.
21 --Ghost in the Shell