From: lema <lema@×××××××××××.ar>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Unmerging dependent packages
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 14:04:49
1 Sorry, I reply to Mike instead of the list.
2
3 A slightly different issue, that could improve emerge usage.
4 Suppose you do an emerge with many dependencies (eg. 'emerge gnome') but
5 in the process something fails (lets say apmd don't emerge). It could be
6 useful to be able to do a kind of "rollback" (unmerging the so far
7 merged dependencies for gnome) instead of aborting directly from the
8 emerge session. I think this could be far more ease to implement ( I did
9 it by hand keeping track of what emerge -p gnome said before).
10 Just another idea.
11 Fabián