From: Wilbert van Bakel <wilbertnl@×××××××××.net>
To: Jonathan Kelly <j0n@×××××××.au>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 1.4beta
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 23:06:03
1 Hello Jonathan,
2
3 Just do 'export DISTDIR=/your/own/path' right before you start the
4 boorstrap script and you are set.
5 I'm interested in how it's going on your system, Here 1.4b won't build
6 xfree86, so far...
7
8 Ciao,
9 Wilbert van Bakel
10
11 Jonathan Kelly wrote:
12
13 >Hi all,
14 >
15 >just thought I let you know I'm building a new system using 1.4beta. I'm
16 >using the stage1 tarball using a gentoo 1.0 (gcc-2.95.3) as host.
17 >
18 >I'll post my progress.
19 >
20 >One thing, would it be possible to yank the DISTDIR variable out of
21 >make.conf in the bootstrap.sh, as I configured it to point to my local
22 >source archive, not realizing the bootstrap pushes make.conf aside...
23 >thought I was going mad there for a while.
24 >
25 >Oh, and I'm building it for athlon-mp ...
26 >
27 >Cheers.
28 >Jonathan Kelly.
30 >gentoo-dev mailing list