From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: dev-python/* leaf packages
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2019 12:28:52
1 On Wed, 2019-12-04 at 19:15 -0500, Aaron Bauman wrote:
2 > * Removal in 30 days
6 IMHO masking with unfixed, or much later, removal date will better help
7 achieve your goal: You are making your point by having them masked so
8 that it will make enough noise for interested people to understand py2
9 only is not a thing anymore.
10
11 We already see a lot of "false positives", there are probably packages
12 that just work but are lacking attention. If after a longer time those
13 packages are still not fixed, you can probably safely remove them with
14 the "meh, nobody cares anyway" reason and not even bother having to
15 check hundreds (?) of packages yourself. The 30 days is usually a
16 guideline for packages that have known issues but seems a bit short for
17 checking if someone cares about a package using a deprecated but
18 working python.
21 Also, your list is missing dev-ros/* which is py2 only. I hope I'll be
22 able to update them soon, last time I tried I failed miserably though
23 since the whole stack is really python-single style so that one broken
24 package with py3 causes the whole stack to be py2...
27 Alexis.