From: Thomas Bracht Laumann Jespersen <t@×××××××.xyz>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: vim@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Vim needs your help!
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2022 05:31:14
1 > I'm the only maintainer left within the Gentoo Vim Project [1] and would need
2 > some help to maintain the vim editor along with the app-vim/ category.
3 >
4 > vim and vim packages are low-maintenance: a version bump here, a security fix
5 > there. vim ebuilds aren't that complicated. vim eclasses have to be migrated to
6 > EAPI 8. I would like the eclasses to support neovim at some point too (yeah
7 > it's about time).
8 >
9 > It has been suggested to disband the project and return all vim packages to
10 > maintainer-needed since, well, I'm the only person in it. To be honest, I would
11 > like the project structure to remain as-is as I think disbanding the project
12 > may make matters worse.
13 >
14 > Feel free to join the #vim IRC channel on irc.libera.chat or respond to this
15 > email if you're interested.
16
17 Daily Vim user here. Would love to help you out with the maintenance, I've
18 joined the IRC channel, feel free to ping me there.
19
20 -- Thomas