From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Herds, Teams and Projects
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:14:36
1 On Thursday 27 April 2006 19:55, Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:
2 > On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 07:11:33PM +0200, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
3 > > The thing is, in most cases it doesn't really matter. But a herd is a
4 > > group of packages.
5 >
6 > That may be how it was originally intended, but it seems to me - and
7 > to others it seems - that the "herds" have evolved into what was
8 > originally labeled "teams".
9 >
10 > I suggest we update the documentation to reflect this evolution, and
11 > either rename "herds" to "teams" or vice versa. Using the word "team"
12 > may have the benefit of improving the team spirit of the developer
13 > community as a whole.
14
15 At the mean time, I've just reworded the herds page to be a bit clearer.
16 The difference between herds and teams is most in the fact that a team
17 may easilly maintain multiple herds (but distinguish them for
18 maintainability).
19
20 Paul
23 Paul de Vrieze