From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] env pollution
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 20:37:30
1 On Sunday 05 February 2006 12:17, Chris PeBenito wrote:
2 > I have two bugs [1][2] with installs failing due to some environmental
3 > variables being set, which end up overriding the settings in the
4 > packages' makefiles, causing sandbox violations. While this is a simple
5 > enough to work around with some unsets, how much do we really want to
6 > work to fix polluted environments? I can't help but think that is not
7 > my bug, but instead (apparently) kth-krb's fault for polluting the env
8 > (the vars are seemingly worthless man and info pages paths).
9
10 how is kth-krb polluting the env ? via env.d ?
11 -mike
12 --
13 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list